Soon enough, June will making its way into our lives and we’ll be thinking, “It’s going to be 2012!” But let’s waste not on the future and enjoy what we’ve got today. We’re boosting your day with 20 thoughts to keep in mind, 20 reasons to smile for the sunshine!
Image from Hideaki Hamada.
What a wonderful life I’ve had! I only wish I’d realized it sooner. ~Colette
1. Sing a new song the next time you’re doing the laundry.
2. Pat another person’s dog.
3. Be kind to yourself.
4. Pick up stones and pebbles, like how you used to.
5. Read simple. There are times we really don’t need to lug a novel around.
6. Trust life.
7. Be sure to say “Hello” and “Thank You” to the cleaning ladies.
8. Some thoughts are good, some are bad. Feed the ones that are good to you.
9. Confused? Be still, and listen. There’s always the right thing to do in any situation.
10. Listen to instrumentals.
11. Think of something pleasant before going to sleep. Your dreams will be as sweet.
12. Look up at the sky. After a while, close your eyes and breathe.
13. It’s not hard to find joy. It finds you when you least expect it.
14. Don’t give up when others say you should. It’s your year, not their’s.
15. Let your heart defy logic.
16. You can’t control everything. So, don’t.
17. Our battles are not ours to fight alone. Seek help whenever you can, don’t be shy.
18. You can be joyful at any age. Don’t stop at 7.
19. Happiness isn’t only found in big things like going for an overseas trip or looking for a new relationship. Walks in the park, chatting with friends and kite flying are joyful experiences too.
20. The harder you fall, the higher you bounce.