Here’s something that will perk you up - a simple colour exercise. When you’re rushing off to work or scurrying away to lunch, walk a little slower. If you’re waiting for the bus or stuck in traffic, open your eyes a little wider. Get in tune with your surroundings and re-discover colours by playing Nature’s game.
Try it out!
- Pick a colour and focus on it. Look for that particular colour in your field of vision as you’re moving about.
- Do this for several minutes. Do you notice that the colour seems to appear in so many places?
- Pick another colour and do the same. Focus on it.
- Continue for several minutes as you scan your surroundings. What colour pops up?
- Repeat steps 1-4 for different colours!
Via Think Simple Now, this exercise is also used to explain frustration - focusing on thoughts of frustration will only makes our frustrations stronger. Deal with yourself, shift your thoughts and you’ll shift your emotions.
Have a good day, everyone! :)